Part Two: ArtsEd MA Acting Audition Experience

For Part One press here

He called my name! I was so pleased; this gave me so much confidence since I hadn’t ever done these monologues and I knew it was because of the work I had put in when it came to actioning each line. What was interesting to see was that a girl I was my DSL audition didn’t get recalled even though she was recalled at DSL and there was a different girl who was at my DSL audition which the opposite thing happened (she wasn’t recalled at DSL but was at ArtsEd). Maybe these two schools are polar opposites 🤷🏾‍♀️

The recall consisted of the panel (both the head of Acting for MA and head of voice) redirecting a monologue that they choose or we choose if they have no preference. It was done in front of everyone again which meant quite a bit waiting but it was fun to watch other people’s. They let me choose which monologue I wanted to do and I chose my classical. I absolutely love doing my Lady Macbeth. (If you want to know about my monologues press here) Afterwards, we worked on my voice and I repeated my monologue after having done some voice exercises. It really changed my monologue since I was using my voice in an entirely different way, as a result, I was unsure if they were more interested in the voice adjustments or the monologue itself. This means I didn’t really aim for my objective of convincing Macbeth as much as I usually do. 

We finished at 6 pm after starting at 1 pm. What I must say is why would hey start the day at 1 pm if they intended to have recalls that day! Also, the lack of information on whether there actually would be a recall that day was quite frustrating and confusing; finally, I find it strange that in order to enter the school there doesn’t need to be a movement workshop or anything. What if you end up not being able to move. Anyway, these are just questions and qualms. I had a very nice day!

A letter in the post was sent to me arriving the next day saying I had been offered a place on the course! I didn’t actually find the letter until Friday but I will be accepting the offer and declining ALRA. You get your deposit refunded if you do this so it works out either way. Woopeeeee! Drama school here I come!!


Comments

Popular Posts