Part Two: ALRA MA Acting Audition Experience

For Part One press here 
I made it through!

In fact, it turns out everyone made it through... Strange if you ask me. The funny thing is, if everyone goes through then the novelty wears off but then again, why am I complaining? I got through.

Now it was time for the movement workshop. It was done with the head of movement and was VERY high energy. At one point, we were letting our spines move us across the room which now I have a back ache from. The most memorable activity we did was when he taught us some very simple choreography, then we were free to chop up the choreography in any way we wanted to and say our monologues whilst we were doing this chopped up choreography. We were just playing with the words and movements and it was very ethereal and intense. We then had to think of the opposite overriding emotion of our monologue and do our versions of the chopped up choreography with this in  mind. It probably doesn’t sound it but it was really an enlightening exercise.

After movement, we did a scene study workshop in partners. We were all given a small bit of text and were asked to prepare it in the most creative way we could think of. They said we had 9 minutes so my partner and I kind of panicked when we were 5 mins into the time and still didn’t have a creative way to perform the text. In the end though, we came up with something which I think we were both really proud of.

It certainly wasn’t 9 mins which we had though, we seemed to be waiting for ages to go in and when we finally did we performed our piece then were redirected. They asked us to do the scene as if we were rock stars at a big concert. It was fun and a really nice atmosphere.

Now that the second round was concluded, we had to wait a while to see who would be called back to the final round which was interviews. While we waited, two kind ladies came out to talk to us about The Foundation Course which I am not interested in because I’m applying for MA and I don’t have the money for a course that doesn’t lead to an industry showcase.

Around 5 mins later the panel came out and thanked us and called out 5 names…



Comments

Popular Posts