Life Update: Living the dream?

 Hi Everyone,

One random night of procrastination has lead me to stumble upon this old blog and relive the past experiences described. I felt the need to let you all know (if anyone still reads this measly old blog)- life. Worked. Out.

I went to Drama Centre and it was the most amazing experience. If you would like to hear more about my drama school experience please comment! What's even better though is that after Drama Centre I went on to book some amazing work and be signed to an amazing agent. Right now I have an audio book coming up to record, some recalls I am waiting to hear back from for a really exciting project and more auditions on the horizon. Just as one blog post is aptly named, "as one door closes, another indeed opens".

If you're reading this, it means you are probably auditioning for drama school and all I can say is don't give up. Keep on going. Your life now and in 3 years time can look drastically different. Just like mine does. Now I am a working actor and it was the big "Nos" of places like Juilliard and Oxford School of Drama that helped me get here. Right now you can find me on Netflix, I have been nominated for an Olivier Award and that is WITH a pandemic. Anything can happen in the highs and lows of this crazy industry. Auditioning for drama school taught me that first. The lows are extremely low, yes, but the high can be amazing. I read this blog and it seems like a distant memory now auditioning for panels of teachers when now I am auditioning for directors and producers. It is brilliant and I am grateful for where life has taken me.

If you'd like to hear more about my life as an actor now, auditions and various advice, please comment. Heck- I might even  write a post anyway.



Comments

  1. hi!! really happy i stumbled over your blog as I'm applying for MA courses now. Really inspiring to read your journey and how things turned out for you. One question - you mentioned in the About You section that your degree is in Chemical Engineering. Did you have a lot of professional acting experience beforehand or did the schools "allow" you to audition anyway despite the non-acting related degree? I'm asking because I'm also in a science subject and do not have professional experience, so I'm not sure how realistic my chances of getting in an MA are... I'd prefer it to BA though because of money and age reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! So sorry for the slow response, I had a lot of acting experience but none of it was "professional" i.e. paid. I did youth plays, uni plays whilst studying, and one fringe play with some professional actors, but in short no. As long as you have been acting in any way for a while that is enough experience.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts